Further Information @ BIG
Studying Business Informatics or Informatics
- Business informatics at TU Vienna
- Computer science at TU Vienna
- Study programmes at TU Vienna
- Student union for business informatics
- Student union for informatics
Guidelines for seminars and theses
All papers and theses written at the Business Informatics Group must be written in LaTex and must follow the rules defined in the templates above. Furthermore master’s theses and bachelor’s theses must be in accordance with the rules and guidelines of the faculty of informatics.
- Guidelines for seminar talks
- Guidelines for scientific papers
- How to give a good research talk
- Guide for searching literature
- Presentation checklist
- Guidelines for Scientific Poster Design
- ACM Digital Library
- IEEE Xplorer
- SpringerLink Online Libraries – Computer Science
- Elsevir Science Direkt
- CiteSeer – Scientific Literature Digital Library
- CoRR – Computing Research Repository
- Google Scholar
- HP Technical Reports
- IBM Technical Papers
- Microsoft Research Publications and Technical Reports
- Computer Science Library Universität Trier (dblp)
- The Collection of Computer Science Bibliographies
- Applying to Ph.D. Programs in Computer Science byMor Harchol-Balter
- Advice to a Beginning Graduate Student byManuel Blum
- The Researchers Bible byAlan Bundy et al.
- The Researchers Bible (Modified) by Vance Gledhill
- Tips and Tricks for Communication in Computer Science: Reviews, Papers and Talks by Olivier Danvy
- The illustrated guide to a Ph.D. by Matt Might
- Writing a thesis or Dissertation provided by the Yale University
Writing and Publishing
- How to Write an Informatics Paper by Alan Bundy
- How to Get a Paper Accepted at OOPSLA by Ralph E. Johnson et al.
- How to Get Your Paper Accepted at OOPSLA by Alan Snyder
- Writing good Software Engineering Research Papers: A Minitutorial by Mary Shaw
Presenting and Reviewing
- How to give a good research talk by Simon P. Jones et al.
- How to give a good research talk: Slides by Simon P. Jones
- The Task of the Referee by Alan Jay Smith
- The Role of Experimentation in Software Engineering: Past, Current, and Future by Victor R. Basili
- Experimentation in Software Engineering by Victor R. Basili et al.
- What makes good research in software engineering? by Mary Shaw
- Experimental Evaluation in Computer Science :A Quantitative Study by Walter F. Tichy et al.
- Should computer scientists experiment more? by Walter F. Tichy in IEEE Computer Vol. 31, No. 5. pp. 32-40, 1998.
- Experimental models for validating technology by Marvin V. Zelkowitz, and Dolores R. Wallace in IEEE Computer Vol. 31, No. 5. pp. 23-31, 1998.
- A Theoreticians Guide to the Experimental Analysis of Algorithms by David S. Johnson in the Proceedings of the 5th and 6th DIMACS Implementation Challenges, Goldwasser, Johnson, and McGeoch (eds.), American Mathematical Society, 2002.
- Evaluation und Evaluationsforschung in der Wirtschaftsinformatik, Handbuch für Praxis, Lehre und Forschung by Lutz J. Heinrich, and Irene Häntschel
- A Multi-Perspective Framework for Evaluating Conceptual Models in Organisational Change by Frank Wolff, and Ulrich Frank
- Multi-Perspective Enterprise Modeling (MEMO) – Conceptual Framework and Modeling Languages by Ulrich Frank
- Conceptual Modelling as the Core of the Information Systems Discipline – Perspectives and Epistemological Challenges by Ulrich Frank
- A bibliography of Cognitive Dimensions papers by Alan Blackwell