Semantic Zoom for Web-based Modeling of Hierachically Structured Modules
Conceptual modeling is widely adopted in industrial practices, e.g., process, software, and systems modeling. Providing adequate and usable modeling tools is essential for the efficient adoption of modeling. With the Graphical Language Server Protocol (GLSP), it is now possible to realize rich, advanced opportunities for visualizing and interacting with conceptual models. This thesis will continue the development of concepts and prototypical implementations of advanced model visualization and interaction functionalities with the Eclipse GLSP platform. Particularly, we expect an interested student to extend the Semantic Zoom and Off-Screen Elements prototypes to explore hierarchically structure modules of the Heraklit modeling method.
The major task of this project is to define concepts and prototypical implementations for web-based representation and interaction with hierachically structured model elements (Heraklit modules). The concept shall be prototypically implemented used SOTA web standards and frameworks.
Supervision From a technical point of view, this thesis will be co-supervised by Dominik Bork (TU Wien) and Philip Langer (eclipsesource). From a conceptual and theoretical point of view, this thesis will be co-supervised by Wolfgang Reisig (Humboldt University Berlin).
Further Reading (Excerpt)
- De Carlo, G., Langer, P., Bork, D. (2022). Advanced Visualization and Interaction in GLSP-based Web Modeling: Realizing Semantic Zoom and Off-Screen Elements. In ACM / IEEE 25th International Conference on Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems (MODELS'22) (in press).
- De Carlo, G., Langer, P., Bork, D. (2022). Rethinking Model Representation - A Taxonomy of Advanced Information Visualization in Conceptual Modeling. In International Conference on Conceptual Modeling (in press).
- Fettke, P, Reisig, W. (2022). Heraklit retailer case study: https://heraklit.dfki.de/assets/documents/fettke2020retailer.pdf
- Heraklit homepage: https://heraklit.dfki.de/
- Further material will be provided upon request