Enterprise Architecture Management
Enterprise architecture management (EAM) is an established discipline in the information science field. With the digitalization, established enterprises are challenged to face fierce competition, especially from new competitors joining the market in vast amounts of time. These challenges can only be addressed by establishing flexible enterprise architectures that also support efficient management of an enterprise. Albeit the wide adoption of the de-facto industry standard of ArchiMate, only very limited literature focusses on using ArchiMate models as a formalized knowledge base that serves quantitative and qualitative evaluation means.
Multiple topics in the field of Enterprise Architecture Management can be offered:
- Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis of Enterprise Architectures
- Advanced Visualization and Visual Analysis of Enterprise Architecture Models (e.g., using AR/VR)
Further reading material:
- Muhamed Smajevic, Simon Hacks, Dominik Bork (To Appear). Using Knowledge Graphs to Detect Enterprise Architecture Smells. In PoEM'21: 14th IFIP WG 8.1 Working Conference on the Practice of Enterprise Modelling
- Muhamed Smajevic, Dominik Bork (To Appear). Towards Graph-based Analysis of Enterprise Architecture Models. In International Conference on Conceptual Modeling
- Salentin, J., & Hacks, S. (2020). Towards a Catalog of Enterprise Architecture Smells. In Wirtschaftsinformatik (Community Tracks) (pp. 276-290).
- Bork, D., Gerber, A., Miron, E. T., van Deventer, P., Van der Merwe, A., Karagiannis, D., … & Sumereder, A. (2018). Requirements engineering for model-based enterprise architecture management with ArchiMate. In Workshop on Enterprise and Organizational Modeling and Simulation (pp. 16-30). Springer, Cham.
- Kivelä, Mikko. “Multilayer networks library for python (pymnet).” (2017) http://www.mkivela.com/pymnet/
- Razo-Zapata, I. S., Mihaylov, M., & Proper, E. (2016). Exploring the application of multilayer networks in enterprise architecture: A case study in the smart grid. In 2016 IEEE 18th Conference on Business Informatics (CBI) (Vol. 1, pp. 300-307). IEEE.
- Oberhauser, R., & Pogolski, C. (2019). VR-EA: Virtual Reality Visualization of Enterprise Architecture Models with ArchiMate and BPMN. In International Symposium on Business Modeling and Software Design (pp. 170-187). Springer, Cham.
- [Zhou+20] A Systematic Literature Review on Enterprise Architecture Visualization Methodologies
- Kaczmarek-Heß, M., Ma, Q., & Razo-Zapata, I. S. (2018). Modeling in support of multi-perspective valuation of smart grid initiatives. In 2018 12th International Conference on Research Challenges in Information Science (RCIS) (pp. 1-12). IEEE.
- Hinkelmann, K., Gerber, A., Karagiannis, D., Thoenssen, B., Van der Merwe, A., & Woitsch, R. (2016). A new paradigm for the continuous alignment of business and IT: Combining enterprise architecture modelling and enterprise ontology. Computers in Industry, 79, 77-86.
- Razo-Zapata I.S., Shrestha A., Proper E. (2017) On Valuation of Smart Grid Architectures: An Enterprise Engineering Perspective. In: Reinhartz-Berger I., Gulden J., Nurcan S., Guédria W., Bera P. (eds) Enterprise, Business-Process and Information Systems Modeling. BPMDS 2017, EMMSAD 2017. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing, vol 287. Springer, Cham